Society and communities
We seek to make a positive social impact in every area that we work, to respect human rights, and to acknowledge the aspirations and concerns of local communities. In this way, we aim to maintain our social licence to operate and solidify our longer-term business success.
2016 performance highlights
- In Senegal:
- opened a new supply base that demonstrates our commitment to working in Senegal and our increasing investment in-country;
- continued to build local capacity in government, our partners and suppliers through programmes benefiting 233 individuals in 2016; and
- Invested US$137,839 in social investment programmes.
- The corporate charity committee donated over £215,000.
- Reviewed the potential impact to Cairn of the UK Modern Slavery Act and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
|Level of materiality|
|Social and economic benefit||High|