The audit committee comprises three independent non-executive directors.
- Iain McLaren (Chair)
- Alexander Berger
- Keith Lough
Role and responsibilities
The role of the audit committee includes:
- monitoring the integrity of the financial statements of the Company and formal announcements relating to the Company’s financial performance and reviewing any significant financial reporting judgements contained in them;
- reviewing accounting policies, accounting treatments and disclosures in financial reports;
- reviewing the Company’s internal financial controls and internal control and risk management systems and oversight of the Company's Risk Management Committee;
- monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the Company’s internal audit function;
- overseeing the Company’s relationship with the external auditor, including making recommendations to the Board as to the appointment or reappointment of the external auditor, reviewing their terms of engagement and engagement for non-audit services, and monitoring the external auditor’s independence, objectivity and effectiveness; and
- reviewing the Company’s whistleblowing procedures and ensuring that arrangements are in place for the proportionate and independent investigation of possible improprieties in respect of financial reporting and other matters and for appropriate follow-up action.
Duncan Wood, Company Secretary
T: +44 131 475 3000